Skip to content
Exhibitors must pay entry fees for all entries before the Show. Your entry ticket will be held at the Secretary’s Office until payment is made. Your entry will not be accepted unless you produce your entry ticket.
Prize’s:All Prizes in this Section will be paid out to Winners by the Steward in the Henderson Pavilion.
Please collect your prize between 2pm – 9pm Friday & 2pm – 5pm Saturday. Prize money not collected within one month after the Show will be refunded to the Society.
Secretary Office Hours:Throughout the year Thursday and Friday, 11.00 pm – 3.30 pm; July, August (four weeks prior and one week after Show), 10.00 am – 4.00 pm.
Please note that cookery exhibits cannot be left at pavilions before 8.00 AM Thursday, 11thOctober 2018.
Sale of Exhibits
Exhibitors have the option of selling their exhibits. The Society or any Official Judge, Steward, Officer or employee will not be held liable in any way for any direct, indirect or consequential loss of any exhibit, or the diminution in the value of an exhibit by reason of:
a) the sale, delivery, disposal or other dealing with an exhibit.
b) any damage or injury occasioned to or by an exhibit.
c) the negligence or any act or matter or thing done, permitted or omitted by the Society, or
d) any loss, damage or injury occasioned to or by an exhibitor or person acting on his or her behalf.
Proof of Purchase
The receipt issued to the purchaser when paying for the exhibit marked “For Sale” must be presented by the purchaser as proof of purchase when collecting the exhibit. Identifying exhibits for purchase: Exhibits for sale will be identified by the letters FS (for sale). Signed approval to sell exhibit(s) has to be obtained from Exhibitor at time of entry.
A RED DOT means the exhibit has been sold.
Cookery, Jams, & Jellies – 10% Commission to Society. Note: Only decorated cakes
Needlework, Weaving/Spinning, Knitting and Craft Sections – can all be sold for 10% Commision to Society.
Art – 10% Commission to Society. Those persons wishing to sell their Art Work are to indicate their name and address on the back of their exhibits as well as asking price.
ALL SALES MUST BE MADE AND COMPLETED NO LATER THAN 4.30PM ON SATURDAY, 14th OCTOBER 2017 WITH STEWARDS IN PAVILION.
V.A.S. Ltd Competition Regulations
1. Each exhibit entered must be the bona fide work of the exhibitor.
2. An exhibit having won at a Show will compete at a Group Final; the winning exhibit will then compete at the state final.
3. An exhibitor may represent only one local show at Group level and one Group at State Level.
4. An exhibit having won at state final, is no longer eligible to compete in the competition.
5. If, for any reason, a winner is unable to compete at Group or State Final level, then the second place getter is eligible to compete.
6. A person will not be permitted to win more than one Show within the State in any one Show year. Persons not adhering to this rule will be required to forfeit/refund prize money.
7. All work to have been completed within the last twelve (12) months.
8. An exhibit may only win one group final in a show season (spring to autumn), should the same article be entered again and found to have already won a group final in the same show season the exhibitor must forfeit/refund any and all prizes and will be disqualified from exhibiting for 12 months.
9. Late entries not accepted.
10. Junior is aged under 18 on the day of their local show.
Photography: To be unframed, print no larger than 20cm x 30cm, must be mounted (mount no larger than 3cm), professional photographers are not eligible.
Cookery: A fresh cake to be made for each judging. If a recipe is supplied it is compulsory for all entrants of this competition to follow it and can not be changed in any way.
Coming in 2019
2019 entry fees for pavilion exhibits will be $1 per entry. School students will still remain free.